[standards-jig] DTCP again

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Fri Dec 13 17:24:32 UTC 2002

Hi Justin!

Justin Karneges wrote:

>The problem is that this is often a waste of resources, as the file could have
>been sent P2P.  Let me describe the problems with using iq:oob for P2P.

I agree. I also don't want to send every file through a 3rd party server
if other ways are possible.

If the sender can't accept incoming connections but the receiver can I
want to use http PUT to put the file to the receiver.

>b) HTTP does not have a provision for situations where you are behind NAT but
>your friend is not.  A reverse-connection is needed.

It has ... you can do this with a PUT request directly to the receiving
party.

(But how to establish this http PUT isn't defined in the Jabber specs
yet. And this is something that should be done.)

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770	http://matthias-wimmer.de/