[standards-jig] A Proposal to the DTCP/JOBS/PASS madness

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.no-ip.com
Fri Dec 13 22:21:05 UTC 2002

On the subject of HTTP:

I had started work on (only) using HTTP for JOBS' out-of-band
communication[1], but have been convinced by some to present its
authentication mechanism as a "stand-alone" HTTP authentication scheme.
With consideration of this proposal, it could be possible to combine the
two, but that would mean standardizing on an OOB protocol (if for
nothing more than bootstrapping).  It's a thought; I'm not motivated to
say it should or should not be combined.

- LW

[1]
http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/standards-jig/2002-December/002339.html