[standards-jig] OOB JEP

Sebastiaan 'CBAS' Deckers cbas at screaming3d.com
Tue Dec 17 01:20:07 UTC 2002

Looks great, but I would like to note that jabber:iq:oob and
jabber:x:oob can be used for more that just "http:" URLs.
Current client implementations use jabber:iq:oob for things like
NetMeeting invitations by sending a "callto:" URL, relying on the same
accept/denied (result/error) confirmation.  Can this be noted in the JEP
so developers add extra validation to their software?  I know many old
clients break when you send them a callto URL.  This can be avoided by a
"warning" in the JEP.
--
Sebastiaan