[standards-jig] UPDATED: Multi-User Chat (JEP-0045)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Dec 17 04:20:02 UTC 2002

Just when you thought MUC was stable, here comes that damn JEP author
mucking around some more. I've changed a few things based on feedback
provided by implementers. The major changes relate to the muc#owner
namespace, which had three different root elements (query, created, and
destroy); I have fixed this so that the only root element is query. The
complete version remarks are as follows:

*****

Added protocol for declining an invitation; replaced <created/> element
with status code 201; modified the destroy room protocol so that
<destroy/> is a child of <query/>; clarified usage of 'nick' attribute
when adding members; prohibited use of message events. (psa)

******

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0045.html

If you have other changes to suggest, please let me know.

Jabber Software Foundation