[standards-jig] NEW: Packet Filtering (JEPs 0062, 0063, 0064)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Dec 19 20:38:35 UTC 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:12:34AM -0800, Iain Shigeoka wrote:
> > This leads again to some namespace issues, since namespaces declared on
> > the <stream:stream/> element will no more be available. I'd rather
> > evaluate the expression against a document formed by the real root and
> > the current packet.
>
> >From a lazy programmer standpoint, I can see why treating the sub-docs as
> the entire doc for xpath searches is nice. But for proper namespace support
> you're probably right. This will become especially important as people start
> exploiting prefixes in the root tag to 'compress' their jabber packets.

What about having the current stanza as context node for the xpath queries,
but that the entire document (only preceding stuff probably) can be reached
by using '/' as first character? Most XPath implementations I know support
the notion of setting a node other than '/' as context node for relative
queries.

Ralphm