[standards-jig] JEP 65 - Bytestreams

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Fri Dec 20 00:12:04 UTC 2002

> But as I wrote in another mail - please don't take this question too
> serious. I'd like to have it addressed, but getting a good standard
> soon
> is much more important.

This is a very bad mentality to have, a rushed protocol is a doomed
protocol IMO, I dont understand the people here who are trying to rush
this through without listening to objections.

Also to the people who say you have to wait for a TCP timeout before
trying the next step (typically 60 seconds) why not implement a manual
timer of say 10-20 seconds, if a connection is not established after
that kind of a period of time IMO it probably wont, most connections
should happen pretty quickly.

Richard