[standards-jig] new RFC draft

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Feb 4 22:19:51 UTC 2002

>   Now that I think about it we should avoid "XML Fragment" terminology.
> It conflicts with the XML Fragment Interchange Working Draft [1] and may
> confuse people. What about "XML Chunk" instead, I don't think there is
> an XML Chunk spec anywhere at least I don't know about it ;-)

I like "XML Chunk". Sometimes we use the term "XML Packet" -- is that too
reminiscent of TCP/IP? Also a big XML Chunk could be sent as multiple
packets, so it would probably be good to avoid using "packet", eh?

BTW, I plan to release a new version of the RFC tonight. I've added lots
of goodies since the last release. :)