[standards-jig] sequence vs. choice

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Wed Feb 6 23:37:28 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 18:22, David Waite wrote:
> Hmm, if this is informational, we shouldn't go changing things now by
> saying that elements have to occur in a particular order :-)
> 1. elements within message/presence/iq can happen in any order
> 2. there may be rules about how many body/subject/etc tags you can have
> 3. there may be rules about XML contained within a body/subject/etc tag
> (only CDATA, no mixed data)

If this is going to be in the RFC, we have to get it right and you guys
have to stop laughing at me for making this clarification.
body/subject/etc contain PCDATA, not CDATA. The difference is that we
parse the text inside <body> tags - & becomes the & character and
such. If <body> contained CDATA, it would not be parsed, & would
remain &

Of course, DV will correct me if I'm wrong here, but everything I've
read so far has led me to this conclusion.

Julian