[standards-jig] sequence vs. choice

hhager at orgo.com hhager at orgo.com
Thu Feb 7 17:05:39 UTC 2002

yes thats right, the choice element is wrong,
attached is a sample fix.

: > Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
:
: > XML schemas question: can do the following to override the maxOccurs
: > on
: > the <xsd:choice/> element?
: >
: >      <xsd:choice minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='1'>
: >        <xsd:element ref='body' />
: >        <xsd:element ref='subject' />
: >        <xsd:element ref='thread' />
: >        <xsd:any namespace='##any' minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'
: > />
: >        <xsd:element ref='error' />
: >      </xsd:choice>
:
:  Not the way you intend I think. The above schema allows anything inside
: the <message/> element, just because of
: <xsd:any namespace='##any' minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'/>
: My understanding is that we want allow any element that a local name
: value of 'x', in any namespace. Am I wrong ?
:
:  Moreover, this schema doesn't allow a <message/> to contain both
: a <body/> and a <subject/> !!
:
:  I'll try to come up with something for the message schema and I'll post
: it there.
:
: Fabrice
: --
: Fabrice Desré - France Telecom R&D/DTL/MSV
: Tel: +(33) 2 96 05 31 43
: Fax: +(33) 2 96 05 39 45
: Standards-JIG mailing list
: Standards-JIG at jabber.org