[standards-jig] Dialback options

Ashvil ashvil at i3connect.net
Fri Feb 8 06:00:42 UTC 2002

I have one question on dialback part of the protocol.

How can a server behind a socks firewall or NAT join the Jabber server
network and use S2S?

Can we have another mechanism in the protocol for doing S2S without using
dialback.

I am looking for a solution that allows a company to run an internal jabber
servers behind a NAT that connect to another main corporate jabber server
outside the firewall that handles the external send/receive of
messages/presence.

User A <--> sales.acme.com <--> acme.com <--> jabber.org <--> User B

Can the Jabber protocol and current server handle this configuration.
if so, How?

Regards,
Ashvil