[standards-jig] RFC Draft 3.2

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Wed Feb 20 20:27:14 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 13:04, Iain Shigeoka wrote:
*SNIP*
> 7.1.  Third paragraph.  Can't x extensions be found in some iq elements as
> well.  In particular I was thinking of the x:event, x:expire, x:delay.  If
> so, the first sentence parenthesis should be (and less frequently the
> presence and iq elements)

No, jabber:x:event doesn't use IQ, the only times I'm aware of x
extensions being in an iq are with regards to x:data, and that's
something post-1.2. x extensions definitely occur a lot more frequently
in presence elements than iq elements. However, it probably should be
mentioned that there are some special circumstances (x:data) which do
have x extensions within iq packets.

Julian
email: julian at jabber.org
jabber:julian at jabber.org