[standards-jig] RFC Draft 3.2

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 18:08:52 UTC 2002

On 2/21/02 9:41 AM, "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:

>>> In my experience jabberd will not bail if you include a 'from' attribute
>>> in the stream header. Just tested it to verify and no bail-out occurred.
>>> Works as designed. :)
>>
>> Really...  I tested against a port of jabberd for MacOS X and it bailed but
>> it could be the port.  In any case, if the spec is right you can just ignore
>> me!  :)
>
> Strange. I tested this against jabber.org as well as a localhost server
> using the telnet client.

It's probably my port (a very old one that I should probably update...).  It
also has trouble with reloading the user.xml files on restart, handling
disconnecting clients, and will mysteriously segfault for no consistent
reason.  ;)

-iain

Ps - I should say "the port I have" as I didn't do the port and don't want
to give the impression that I did the hard work that was involved (although
I don't recall who did in order to give credit...)