[standards-jig] Re: [Foundation] streamlining the JIGs

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Tue Feb 26 16:40:24 UTC 2002

I would rather see some other system put into place for voting.  The voting
on lists is chaotic and requires more work (gathering the comments and what
not).  Even time locking the vote on the list is an issue of manual labor,
and I would say you're more likely to let late votes and things of that
nature slip through the cracks.  A component or website seems much more
suited to the job.  If people aren't voting on an issue I think it's a sign
of a larger problem and that person should be removed from a voting
position.  If you have the power to vote on an issue you need to use it
wisely, responsibly, and when the vote is called for.

--temas

P.S. - I'm posting this ignoring all of the identity and authorization
issues in a good voting system.