[standards-jig] jabber:x:rdbm

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 17:52:33 UTC 2002

On 2/28/02 7:37 AM, "Justin Kirby" <justink at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Well, since I have not received any response on jdev, figured I would
> try this list. (it seems more appropriate anyway)
>
> I have hacked up a quick doc describing SQL/RDBMs over jabber. I am
> trying to find out if this is practical for anyone besides me.
>
> http://www.openaether.org/projects/jabber_database.html
>
> Any ideas/suggestions/comments are welcome!

I don't want to sound contrary but wouldn't it be easier to just use raw SQL
inside of the <query> rather than XMLify the entire query?

If we want to go XML for XMLs sake, we may be better served in using XML
Query since it is a standard.  Why reinvent the wheel?  It does lack updates
but we could use the most popular extension of it for updates...

My 2 cents.  :)

-iain