[standards-jig] jabber:x:rdbm

Justin Kirby justink at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 20:04:24 UTC 2002

The original intention wasn't to rehash SQL into xml... unfortunately I
got stuck in that model.  The reason I xmlified everything was to remove
the requirement of understanding SQL on the clients. The goal was to
simplify the client requirements as much as possible. (not sure if I
acheived that)

Placing a <query> element to embed SQL is a good idea... though I think
it should be an optional feature and not a requirement.

Will look into XMLQuery ... see if that would work.

Thnx for the input