[standards-jig] Discussion on JEP-0014: Message Tone

Dave Smith dizzyd at jabber.org
Sat Jan 19 16:25:58 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:38:28PM -0500, Julian Missig wrote:

> Any comments from anyone else?

It's my opinion that this JEP doesn't really add anything to the overall
Jabber architecture -- it seems more like a custom client feature. As
such, I would recommend that the JEP be put aside until such time that
multiple clients by authors other than the JEP author have been
implemented with this feature. In this way, the idea can be more fully developed.

The idea is interesting -- I'm just skeptical of implementation issues
and (as Julian pointed out) cross-cultural/lingual issues that haven't
been addressed.

Diz