[standards-jig] Discussion on JEP-0016: Server-Based Privacy Rules

Matthias Wimmer jabber at matthias-wimmer.de
Mon Jan 21 09:33:35 UTC 2002

Hi!

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 07:34:10PM -0700, Peter Millard wrote:
> Perhaps you don't realize the full extent of the bandwidth issue because
> you're not working with super thing clients.. Imagine someone I blocked
> sending me ten 100K packets to my pager, or my cell phone. YIKES!

Maybe it would then be practical to allow "graylisting" too: Bounce
messages greater then a choosen size.

I'd also like to "subscribe to a blocking-transport". I think about
something like e.g. ordb.org for SMTP. This would enable to block junk
message senders from a central point.

Tot kijk
   Matthias
--