[standards-jig] reference implementation? (was: Re: [rpc-jig] JEP-0009)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Jan 22 22:28:59 UTC 2002

> First it's not available (yet) second the concept of reference implementation
> is IMHO screwed beyond repair. You want to check interoperability but certainly
> not become a "reference implementation", well I wouldn't like it, it's
> a maintainance nightmare.

Did I say "reference implementation". I think the JEP process only refers
to an implementation, not a reference implementation.

/me checks http://foundation.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0001.html

Well, actually it refers to "reference implementation" but I'm not sure
whether that's really what we want or need in order to accept a standard
as Final.

I'm cross-posting the standards-jig on this, since the topic is wider than
just RPC.