[standards-jig] 2002 Election Nominations
reatmon at jabber.org
Wed Jul 10 21:57:53 UTC 2002
We are getting started on this a little late. Due to schedules,
vacations, and busy lifes. We apologize.
The first step in the new election process, and the one that I am
opening today, is the nomination process.
We are asking that all members nominate people that they would like to
see on the Jabber Council. Here are the rules for nominations:
1) Each member gets to nomnate three people.
2) Each nominee must be a Foundation member.
3) You cannot nominate yourself.
4) Your nomination must be made in a message sent to the Members mailing
5) The first three people you nominate will be your list, so please
don't nominate 16 people in 10 different messages...
You can make it known, anywhere you want to, that you want to be
nominated, but you cannot nominate yourself.
Here is the new schedule to get us back on track:
July 10-July 17: Nomination Period
July 17-24: Candidate Platform Preparation
July 24-31: Member Research
August 1: Debate
August 13-19: Absentee/Early Voting
August 20: Official Voting for new Council
For the original schedule and description of each step:
Ryan Eatmon reatmon at jabber.org
Jabber.org - Perl Team jid:reatmon at jabber.org
More information about the Standards