[standards-jig] Jabber Icons (JEP-0038)

jpobst jpobst at utk.edu
Thu Jul 18 18:21:49 UTC 2002

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the vast majority of win32 clients
use a RichTextBox to display chat messages, and I can't really think of any
way to make them support SVG, short of having to find an external library to
just change them back into a supported format which loses all the SVG benefits
and is a hassle.  While I agree you should only allow one format so that users
don't have to worry about which version they need for their clients, I'm
afraid there will be a lot less clients implementing this if its SVG.

Like I said, please correct me if I'm wrong.

pobst