[standards-jig] Jabber Icons (JEP-0038)

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Thu Jul 18 18:54:13 UTC 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Adam Theo wrote:
> Execellent. I just took a look, and am amazed at how quickly SVG support
> has popped up. Why, it seems like only 2 years ago the spec was being
> made in the first place...
>
> OK, I've now decided (unless there is great opposition to it) that SVG
> will replace PNG in the JEP as the only accepted image format. Not only
> will SVG be open and widely supported, but also allows for slick
> animations like Flash.

I don't think you want say SVG will be "the only accepted image format."
While I am a strong supporter of adding SVG to the spec, I think it would
be better to offer it as an alternative. Again. This should be fairly
open, and the more restrictions (it must be this way, not the other) we
put on it, the less likely that there will be any support.

My $0.02.

bs.