[standards-jig] Jabber Icons (JEP-0038)

Chris Josephes cpj1 at isis.visi.com
Fri Jul 19 15:15:13 UTC 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Adam Theo wrote:

> OK, I've now decided (unless there is great opposition to it) that SVG
> will replace PNG in the JEP as the only accepted image format. Not only
> will SVG be open and widely supported, but also allows for slick
> animations like Flash.

SVG should certainly be an option for an image format, but it shouldn't be
the only acceptable format.  Keep PNG listed as a acceptable format as
well.

Also, consider the idea I mentioned previously about allowing
multiple <graphics> tags being specified for the same <icon> to ensure a
wider client base can handle emoticons.