[standards-jig] Want to start adding new XML stanzas to Jabber for TelAlert

John Antypas jantypas at vytek.com
Sat Jul 27 00:12:36 UTC 2002

Hello to all the Jabber experts out there?  This may or may not be the
right place -- perhaps it's JDev, but I'll try here and hope some kind
soul can point me to the right place.

We, here at Vytek, would like to extend Jabber's servers to allow them
to support our TelAlert product.  We could just treat our server as
another external network, but our messaging system supports features not
found in the Jabber protocol such as response lists, canned responses,
etc -- things useful for low-bandwidth wireless.

What I'd like to be able to do is add new XML stanzas directly into
Jabber's protocool for our feature sets.  If that proves to be
challenge, where would I go to learn how to add an entirely new
namespace for our TelAlert product features?

As usual, any help is much appreciated.,

John Antypas