[standards-jig] Re: General Redirect, was RE: [JDEV] 302 Redirect

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Mon Jul 29 16:42:03 UTC 2002

Ok then this seems reasonable,

Seeing as the use of 302 redirect is not set in stone yet, I suggest we
change it to this while we can and implement a different and better way of
telling a client to reconnect to a different server, similar to the way msn
messenger does with its server transfer command, this also has the advantage
that it can be done at any time not just as an error response to a request.

I suggest the following protocol:

<iq type="set">
    <transfer xmlns="jabber:iq:srvxfr">
        <protocol>tcp</protocol>
        <host>176.12.23.42</host>
        <port>5222</port>
    </transfer>
</iq>

Can someone write a JEP up for me? Or have any information on how a JEP
should be written/styled?
Would you like to help Klaus and include your bit into it?

Richard