[standards-jig] jabber:iq:rpc experiences

DJ Adams dj.adams at pobox.com
Tue Jul 30 17:48:34 UTC 2002

I implemented 'Jabber-RPC' in the Jabber::RPC library (for Perl, on CPAN).
It's a pretty simple spec, and I had no problems or issues that arose during
either implementation or use. At least, I don't _remember_ any.

I think a reflection of its simplicity is that I wrote some test code
using Jabber::RPC, and got it to talk to Ryan's recent extensions to
Net::Jabber for Jabber-RPC. Needless to say, there were no interoperability
problems (and yes, it's significant that this is XML-RPC encoding, and not
SOAP ;-/).

Cheers
dj