[standards-jig] Jabber URIs, v0.9

Sami Haahtinen ressu at ressukka.net
Fri Jun 14 21:10:48 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 04:05:07PM -0400, Adam Theo wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> >I've updated JEP-0032 to include more detailed information about syntax
> >and allowable characters for Jabber URIs. The updated version is here:
> >
> >http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0032.html
> >
> Yet another old thread from me.
>
> I'd like to see different URI namespace schemes for different roles of
> Jabber. Such as one scheme to open up chats/groupchats, one to
> send/receive presence, etc, instead of putting them in the ?query part
> of one scheme. It makes more sense to me, anyway.

we talked about this earlier, mostly about conference and jabber URIs,
and (correct me if i'm wrong) we came to the conclution that the URIs
should be representing simple messages, and separate namespaces
(protocols?) would be needed..

These are just from the top of my head, but something like jbrowse://,
jabbergc: and so on.. ofcourse, this brings us to yet another problem,
where to draw the line with these namespaces, jabber is ever expanding
and there is no limits for it, so there is a need for a generic
solution.

something like jabberiq: which would allow sending IQ packets..
thoughts?

Sami

--
			  -< Sami Haahtinen >-
      -[ Is it still a bug, if we have learned to live with it? ]-