[standards-jig] [jepnews] JEP-0020: Client Feature Negotiation

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 18:38:43 UTC 2002

On 3/1/02 8:53 AM, "Thomas Muldowney" <temas at box5.net> wrote:

> Is there possibly a middle ground here where we can use an x extension in
> the other namespace for negotiation?  Similar to how x:data is used to
> extend searching and registration?

That's an interesting suggestion.  I'd be very interested in seeing this
approach investigated before settling on JEP0020 as the best solution.  I'm
still favoring keeping browse related things in browse if possible.
(Perhaps we could then do feature negotiation within other namespaces as
well rather than create one that stands alone.)

Thomas do you have any specific ideas for it?

Could we just slap JEP0020 within <x> and make it work?

-iain