[standards-jig] jabber:x:rdbm

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 17:18:24 UTC 2002

On 3/2/02 2:10 PM, "Justin Kirby" <justink at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> I have updated the doc to incorporate some of the ideas...
> namely, the embedding sql
>
> XPath would drastically increase the complexity of the protocol without
> much benefit. esp now that SQL can be embedded.
>
> http://www.openaether.org/projects/jabber_database.html

Looks good.  You may want to watch the discussion on standards-jig for
JEP-0020.  It may be useful for version negotiation in your spec.

I think the JEP should also discuss the pros and cons of XPath and XQuery as
you see it and why you decided to create a new XML database query syntax
instead.  This only needs to be a paragraph or two but should clearly
explain the reasoning behind the decision.  I think the default should be to
use existing standards so this places the burden on you to justify not doing
so.

It's shaping up though!

-iain