[standards-jig] [jepnews] JEP-0021: Jabber Event Notification Service

DJ Adams dj.adams at pobox.com
Mon Mar 4 21:26:45 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:14:59PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> As if we didn't have enough to wrangle over, I have received a JEP from
> Robert Norris regarding protocols for Event Notification Services (i.e.,
> pub/sub mechanisms) in Jabber.
>
> Have at it!
>
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0021.html

Yahoo!

Nice one Rob :-)

That's makes two then...

Piers and I have been hacking on a spec and a couple of implementations
for publish/subscribe with Jabber, and will be submitting a JEP too.

It's based on temas's original document, with some extra bits and
pieces. If you're interested, you can read this early draft here:

http://www.pipetree.com/testwiki/JabberPubsubSpec

looking forward to getting the best out of both of these proposals!

ciao
dj