[standards-jig] [jepnews] JEP-0021: Jabber Event Notification Service

Casey Crabb debug at discobob.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 4 22:32:04 UTC 2002

Just a small comment on the protocol specifics:
In most other IQ requests there is a query tag which holds the namespace,
and the actual parameters to the request are encapsulated in the query
element. It would be nice to see that continue or the xmlns declared in
the IQ. This makes for cleaner code when parsing the xml structure.

For example:
<iq id='sub1' type='set' from='subscriber-jid to='ens-jid'>
    <subscribe xmlns='http://xml.cataclysm.cx/jabber/ens' jid='event-
jid'/></iq>

could become:
<iq id='sub1' type='set' from='subscriber-jid to='ens-jid'>
    <query xmlns='http://xml.cataclysm.cx/jabber/ens'>
       <subscribe jid='event-jid'/>
    </query>
</iq>

Does this make sense, or is it too petty?
It allows me to be stricter in my validation and to keep validation
feature-local.

The other comment was upon acception into the jabber standard, the
namespace probably ought to be changed to jabber:iq:ens or something like
that.

--
Casey