[standards-jig] [jepnews] JEP-0021: Jabber Event Notification Service

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Mon Mar 4 23:16:47 UTC 2002

> I disagree that it has to be a <query> element, but the usage of the
> xmlns isn't correct currently in the spec. The xmlns has multiple root
> elements, from a quick browse it seems to be <publish>, <subscribe> and
> <unsubscribe>.  We need one root element or multiple namespaces.

Hmph. I can't beleive I forgot that.

In that case, I'd propose something more like this:

  <iq id='sub1' type='set' from='subscriber-jid to='ens-jid'>
    <ens xmlns='http://xml.cataclysm.cx/jabber/ens/'>
      <subscribe jid='event-jid'/>
    </ens>
  </iq>

(Not using <query/>, because it doesn't really describe the packet
as well as <ens/> does).

I'll make some appropriate changes as soon as I get CVS access to the
JEPs.

Thanks for the heads up temas.

Rob, stupid, stupid, stupid ..