[standards-jig] [jepnews] JEP-0021: Jabber Event Notification Service

Dave Smith dizzyd at dizzyd.com
Tue Mar 5 00:05:02 UTC 2002

On 3/4/02 4:12 PM, "Thomas Muldowney" <temas at box5.net> wrote:

> I disagree that it has to be a <query> element, but the usage of the
> xmlns isn't correct currently in the spec. The xmlns has multiple root
> elements, from a quick browse it seems to be <publish>, <subscribe> and
> <unsubscribe>.  We need one root element or multiple namespaces.

Why do we need one root element (or multiple namespaces)? I'm not aware of
any qualifications in the XML namespace spec that requires namespace'd
fragments to have a root element...??

Frankly, I see the pub/sub stuff as fragments which we embed into other
documents to gain additional functionality. I see nothing wrong with top
level verbs (like publish/subscribe).

Diz