[standards-jig] [jepnews] JEP-0021: Jabber Event Notification Service

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Tue Mar 5 02:48:20 UTC 2002

> I'm reading it all again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but it
> sounds like the elements still have to be valid within their DTD.  So
> what's their root and where is it?  Am I misinterpreting something?

But a DTD has no concept of namespaces - its an SGML thing, correct?
Isn't that part of the problem that schemas are intended to solve? What
do they say about it?

They way I understand it (after rereading things) is that the xmlns
attribute says "this fragment belongs in this namespace." However, it is
still part of the document - putting it in a different namespace doesn't
change that.

Does this seem right?

Rob.