[standards-jig] Essence of Jabber

Dave dave at dave.tj
Thu Mar 7 02:36:14 UTC 2002

I don't really need the security of wires if all I'm doing is asking my
friend whether he's home, so I can drop by on may way home from work,
and bothering the server (and my client) with the burden of SSL seems
rather crazy for those purposes.  There will be many applications where
security will be a major consideration, but make no mistake: security
is not necessary for IM.

 - Dave