[standards-jig] Essence of Jabber

- zad - zadk at mynet.com
Thu Mar 7 07:25:21 UTC 2002

Hi,

> - must the server support TCP connections (as opposed to other network
>   type connections)? (I think the answer may be obvious but the question
>   needs to be asked)

I think that TCP connections should not be a part of what we may say
"Essence" of jabber. For the time being, Jabber communication takes place
over TCP/IP connections, but that's about it. We should not preclude Jabber
from being implemented on top of any other protocol on the Internet, or on
other networks. Any protocol that guarantees a reliable trasport really
could be used.

Zad