[standards-jig] Essence of Jabber

DJ Adams dj.adams at pobox.com
Thu Mar 7 07:40:43 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 04:36:02PM -0700, Dave Smith wrote:
> > - routing : resource-based matching
>
> Huh?

Sorry, again, this is something that can be tested for, rather than
something that is *required* for a 'Jabber server' stamp. It's the
addition that jer made to 1.4.2 to support the test-matching based on
resource (so that endpoints could do further 'routing' of elements
addressed to actually different resources).

I'm just trying to extract the essence of Jabber, trying to put my
finger on the features that aren't necessarily governed, encapsulated,
represented, by namespaces. And get people thinking about it too.

:-)

dj