[standards-jig] Administration Namespace/specs

Casey Crabb debug at nafai.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 8 19:54:22 UTC 2002

> I also think this is a great idea.  However, I don't know if the thread
> belongs in standards-jig.  I am definitely NOT trying to be list mom here
> but this is an implementation specific discussion about jabberd.

Yes and no. It may be worthwhile to have the administration features a
part of the protocol so that there is a standard way to configure
'Jabber' servers, and these methods can be implemented in jabber
clients. From that point of view it is a standards-jig topic in that we
want the additions to the protocol to make sense.

Now I may agree that at this point it might not be time yet to post such
discussion here. What I really need now is feedback from jabber server
operators about said list. Once I have something resembling protocol
chunks would probably be a better time to air it here.

Also, the discussion of whether or not to include adminstration of
jabber servers in the protocol at all is a discussion for standards-jig.

I personally would like administration of the server to be
server-implementation independant so that the server-implementation
becomes a swapable component.

thoughts?

--
Casey