[standards-jig] calendaring?

Dave dave at dave.tj
Wed Mar 13 23:02:11 UTC 2002

Not every Jabber client has to support plain-text chatting (unless we
make an artificial rule requiring it).  I can easily imagine a client
that only handles the calendar namespace, just like one that only handles
the conference namespace, or the generic text-based messaging system.
Having this capability would surely make the corporate folks happy, since
they'd be able to deploy Jabber as a catch-all communications system (and
I must admit that even as a plain text purist, I'm rather intrigued by
the possibilities here - although I don't envision a GUI-based solution).

...so a calendaring client would connect as a Jabber client, just the
same way a videoconferencing client connects as a Jabber client :-)

 - Dave