[standards-jig] calendaring?

Chris Chen ckchris at idream.net
Wed Mar 13 23:16:03 UTC 2002

Actually,

 From what I have been testing, I think you are able to send a direct
browse IQ request to a specific JID rather than the server.  The request
will be forwarded to the client.  The client can then send back a browse
reply that contains all the resources it can support.

If this is the case, then you already have a protocol negotiation method to
use right now.  You can try testing it and see what happens.  Note that you
do have to specify the entire JID (including the resource) for this to
work.  If you have the server resolve which client to send the request to,
then it won't work.  The server will return an error to you instead.

<iq to="blah at jabber.org/Home">
   <query xmlns="my:own:calendar" type="get"/>
</iq>

I can always be wrong.. :)

Chris