[standards-jig] XML Encryption

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 17:17:40 UTC 2002

On 3/15/02 9:13 AM, "Thomas Muldowney" <temas at box5.net> wrote:

> That's about it for now.  I want to do a larger writeup with examples of
> usage, but I hate working on something with huge holes such as key
> exchange and agreement.  Thoughts are welcome!

I agree.  The problem with key exchange systems have traditionally been the
difficulty of managing, exchanging, and maintaining the keys.  I'd probably
suggest taking the alternate tack and trying to solve key exchange and
agreement first.  If you can come up with a satisfying solution for it, then
the rest will probably fall into place trivially.  Without that solution
though, there's not too much of a point in putting signatures and encryption
in place...

Just my opinion.

-iain