[standards-jig] x:data and XML Forms

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Sat Mar 30 20:59:06 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 15:54, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 03:20:35PM -0500, Julian Missig wrote:
> > Is anyone here at all familiar with w3c's XML Forms? I haven't looked
> > into them at all, but I was curious as to how they compare with what
> > we're trying to do with x:data: http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0004.html
> >
> > It would be interesting to see if we should bother with x:data or try to
> > use XML Forms.
>
>   At the risk of sounding pedantic, you should bother with XML Forms
> to the point of being able to decide whether it suits your needs or not,
> then decide. You can try to delegate that decision to someone else,
> but it's risky.

Either way the decision is ultimately not mine to make. I'm not even
sure if XML Forms is even in the same realm and x:data, which is why I
was asking. If there's someone on this list who is very familiar with it
that can point out the differences between it and x:data, others won't
need to do the research themselves.

I didn't ask if I should bother with XML Forms. I asked if I should
bother with x:data. :) (which means I will be bothering to learn XML
Forms)

Julian
email: julian at jabber.org
jabber:julian at jabber.org