[standards-jig] Question on JEP-0001

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 22:49:05 UTC 2002

On 5/3/02 2:11 PM, "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:

> Yes, royalty-free licensing seems most appropriate. However, it seems that
> no IP claim is the norm here. Shall we have two sets of wording?
>
> 1. No IP claims -- this is the default.
> 2. If IP claim, royalty-free licensing.

> Make sense?

Yup.

One thing that w3c has been wrestling with is people wanting to patent
standards proposals/technologies to preempt the possibility of someone else
patenting it.  From what I understand it can help if disputes arise later.
If you take this to Jabber Inc lawyers you might ask if that's something we
(JSF) might want to consider.

-iain