[standards-jig] Packet Header JEP 0033

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Fri May 24 15:45:42 UTC 2002

I've gone back and forth on the delivered='yes' attribute a couple of times.
I tried capturing the delivery information in the trace elements, but that
didn't work well.  After talking with Craig, the approach in the JEP was the
one we decided would be the most implementable.  I guess I could imagine a
couple of other ways of doing this, too.  Let me think about it some.

Another thing that I don't like is that the rules for delivery and
re-delivery are a little complex, particularly with respect to BCC's.  It
seems like there should be something simpler.  Maybe this is all part of the
same problem...

Also, what do people think about splitting the three sections of the header
into three different namepsaces, rather than putting them all into the
header?

So, something like:
jabber:x:multicast
jabber:x:metadata