[standards-jig] JEP-0029 comment: JID canonicalization

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Tue May 28 16:38:35 UTC 2002

Do you have some thoughts here already? If it's not too complex, I would
like it to be in the JID definition. However, it feels like it would be
legitimate living elsewhere or being added later, and I'd prefer to get
the definition out there quickly if we can basically prove to ourselves
JIDs can be canonicalized as written within this definition.

An aside - a good place to start looking for this canonicalization might
be with the internationalized domain name (IDN) work within the IETF.
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-nameprep-10.txt
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hall-dm-idns-00.txt

-David Waite