[standards-jig] WebPresence

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Fri Nov 1 17:18:28 UTC 2002

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 02:19:13AM +1100, Michael Brown wrote:

[SNIP}

> Also, I'm not sure if it is that big an ask.  People seem happy with scripts
> on webservers connecting to Jabber servers etc.  I can't see a huge problem
> with a agent on the Jabber server serving up some HTML from time to time.
> Of course the more flexible we can make it the better.
>
> Michael.

I'd like to point out that there is already a jabber module that does
this and also acts as a presence indicator too - look in the
old-projects directory under jabberstudio cvs for the http and wcs
modules. This is how presence notification is done on my website and the
two jabberstudio project pages (mu-conference & irc-transport)