[standards-jig] x:data suggestion

Alexey Shchepin alexey at sevcom.net
Sun Nov 3 12:38:31 UTC 2002

Hello, Casey!

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:11:56 -0600, you said:

 CC> of field lengths, pixel positioning, etc. Separator does perform a
 CC> useful data function though, as opposed to a representation function, so
 CC> I can agree with it.

 CC> Actually, I'm an idiot, it doesn't serve a data function. It is
 CC> representational. I still like the idea of it though, just have to be
 CC> careful of the slippery slope again.

Thinking more about it, I prefer to call it "section", because GUI clients can
render sections in tabs, and console clients can draw separator between
sections.  But I don't like to use it for store field lengths or pixel
positioning, because IMHO this is too low-level information, that depends on
too many client-depend factors (screen resolution, font used, etc...).