[standards-jig] x:data suggestion

Ryan Eatmon reatmon at jabber.org
Sun Nov 3 16:33:28 UTC 2002

x:data is not a GUI definition.  It is purely about data representation.
 To do what you want to do you could just send mulitple forms, or use
another namespace to represent the different tabs.

In fact to shed light on why this will not go into x:data, and why
x:data is basically closed for changes, you could look at the recent
Council discussions.

Basically, x:data is only about representing data.  If you want a more
generic form layout, then XForms is what you want.  temas and I are
going to start working on an XForms JEP soon to show how it can be used
easily with Jabber.