[standards-jig] RE: LAST CALL: MUC (JEP-0045)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Nov 4 21:00:15 UTC 2002

Hi Marc,

Those are interesting use cases but I think they're somewhat specialized.
They could probably be done in an extended namespace implemented via an
in-room bot or a modified conferencing component. I would love to see
people offer add-on features like this but I'm not sure they belong in the
core MUC protocol. I know that Ryan and I have talked about building a bot
that would handle voting in a room, though we didn't around to it for the
most recent JSF election cycle. I would recommend using jabber:x:data for
that -- send the "ballot" to all the participants and they can fill it out
and send it back to the bot or the room.

Or so it seems to me. :)

Jabber Software Foundation