[standards-jig] JEP 0038 ((Emot)Icon Styles) Updated

Adam Theo theo at theoretic.com
Thu Nov 7 18:35:53 UTC 2002

Well, the point is that the "ransom picking" only happens if everything
else fails. That is, if there is no single match because either there
are multiple text strings with the same language that matches what the
user or sender is using. At that point, it doesn't matter what text
string is randomly chosen because one choice is really just as good as
any other. And also, keep in mind that those rules are just guidelines.
Your implimentation can apply other rules to determine which one to use,
such as asking the user in a pop-up (and then keeping track of it from
then on), or pick the one that uses the least number of characters.