[standards-jig] NEW JEP: Private XML Storage

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Sat Nov 9 00:54:35 UTC 2002

> Russell Davis was good enough to document the existing jabber:iq:private
> namespace in an informational JEP. You can check it out here:

mod_private.c in the 1.4.2 code limits the allowed namespaces for
private storage. It does not allow jabber:* or vcard-temp. The JEP
should clarify whether or not this restriction is appropriate, and if it
is, should also cover http://www.jabber.org/protocol/*.

Personally, I don't think there should be any restriction.

Rob.